The Sydney Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Systems, incorporating the Australian Centre for Field Robotics, is one of the world’s largest robotics research institutes. We have over 120 researchers, grad students, and engineers, and over 1500 square-metres of laboratory space.
Our vision is to be the pre-eminent multidisciplinary research and technology development institute in robotics and intelligent systems.
We will achieve this vision by:
- developing the fundamental science of robotics and intelligent systems in areas such as perception, learning, control, and coordination;
- fostering multidisciplinary research partnerships to understand the social, ethical, legal and public policy dimensions of robotics and intelligent systems;
- building partnerships with the sciences, medicine, and other disciplines within the University to expand the impact of robotics and intelligent systems beyond their traditional domains;
- through our Australian Centre for Field Robotics, working closely with industry and government partners to maximise the economic and societal benefit obtained from the uptake of robotics innovations.
This website complements the official websites above, hosting research news, project information, software, and data sets produced by SIRIS/ACFR.
- Robotic Vision Summer School 2021
- Seminar: Chantal Göttler, Center for Learning Systems / Max Planck Institutes / ETH Zürich, 10th Dec, 9a
- Seminar: Birth, Babies and Breastfeeding, 2nd Dec, 1p
- Seminar: Tim Bailey, 26th Nov, 1p
- Salah Sukkarieh to present at IFRR Robotics Global Colloquium, 20th Nov, 9a